We are so glad to be merging with Dunnellon Chamber here at Alice Wang.
It’s a great idea to visit the Dunnellon area when you get a chance!
Here’s some information for your next visit.
The Dunnellon area offers a variety of eco-tourism opportunities for visitors of any age to explore. Both water sports, and numerous trails, and local history abound in Dunnellon for you to enjoy.
The small town atmosphere in Dunnellon makes for a restful break from the stress and strain of everyday pressures. You can feel comfortable and safe strolling around our nationally registered Historic District, through shops that sell a wide variety of gifts and antiques, as well as our other business districts.
Along the way, if you feel a little hungry, you can take a break and relax over a leisurely and delicious meal at one of our lovely local restaurants.
For the more adventurous types there are numerous opportunities to enjoy our two local rivers: The Rainbow River and the Withlacoochee River.
The crystal clear Rainbow River starts at the Rainbow Springs State Park on US 41 where the head waters are located. The park is open daily and offers areas in which you can canoe, swim, snorkel, picnic, observe nature at it’s finest, or just plain relax. Rainbow Springs State Park hosts a wide variety of special events throughout the year.
About one mile down river there is the Rainbow Springs State Park Campground on the east side, with 105 campsites available. All sites are available with water and electric, some sites have septic hook-ups. The campground is located 2.5 miles north of county road 484 off of SW 180th Avenue Rd. During peak season (April through September) reservations are recommended. At the campground there are ample opportunities to go canoeing, snorkeling, or just sit around the campfire. A boat ramp for hand launched vessels only is available as well as canoe and tube rentals.
A little further down stream and on the other side of the river is the location of the KP Hole County Park. The park is located on SW 190th Avenue Road. The Park offers canoe and tube rentals as well as other amenities.
At the point where the Rainbow River and the Withlacoochee Rivers converge is where the city beach is located. This park offers a small sandy beach as well as a playground and picnic tables.
For the fisherman the Withlacoochee River and Lake Rousseau offer exceptional large mouth bass fishing, which is why we are the “Bass Capital of Florida”. The Gulf of Mexico is only minutes away heading west on US 40, or by water through the Withlacooche River.
In the heart of Dunnellon on US 41 is the Historical Railroad Depot. The Depot is owned and operated by the Greater Dunnellon Historical Society. The Depot houses a museum and country store. It is open on Saturdays during special events.
If you are interested in relocation information on the Dunnellon area, we have a relocation information kit that includes: an area map, an excellent video tour of our area, historic brochure and Chamber member directory, demographic information, and eco-tourism information. The kit is only $7.50 (which covers the cost of shipping & handling, the map, and the video) and will be mailed to upon receipt of your check.
The Chamber offers walking tours of the Historical District from time to time.
Hope you enjoy my posts here at Alice Wang.
- Dating Advice For Women: Eliminate the Men Who Aren’t Looking For Their One & Only.
- My Boyfriend Is Depressed. What Can I Do?
- How often should you contact a man? Advice on initiating texting and calls with men
- What If He Doesn’t Call You Back: A Woman’s Guide
- How to be Feminine: Keys for Men to Perceive You as a Lady
- Why Do Men Ghost Women: Finally the Answers!
- How to Attract Men Like a Goddess
- How to Flirt With Men Like a Real Woman
- Abandonment Issues: The Keys to Overcome It
- 8 Early signs of a Narcissistic Man
- 9 Signs Of A Toxic Relationship: How To Know If He’s A Toxic Man
- Can an abusive or Violent Man Ever Change?
- 10 Early Signs that A Man Is Abusive, Violent or Toxic
- When he pulls away, do THIS…
- How to Express Your Feelings to A Man Without Pushing Him Away?
- My boyfriend told me he is in love with his Ex. Do I break up with him?
- Is it superficial for tall women to rule out dating men who are shorter?
- What is the Difference Between A Traditional & Modern Woman?
- How to be a High Value Woman and Show up High Value to Men?
- How to Keep the Faith that There ARE Good Men in the Dating Pool
- Should Tall Women Date Short Men?
- How to be a High Value Woman when Online Dating in 3 Steps
- 18 Simple Ideas For How to be More Feminine